This was an area where, during the Roman period, salt works that produced and exported high quality salt were located (from which the name Soline derives). However, in the Frankopan period, Venice forbade them to operate as they represented competition to their own salt works on the islands of Pag and Rab. Soline itself was mentioned for the first time in 1230, whilst St. Clement’s church with its interesting Glagolitic board in Klimno, where there is also a shipyard, dates back to 1381.
Pogledajte sve plaže in the Soline Bay
Pogledajte svu kulturnu baštinu in the Soline Bay
Be the First to Leave a Review